Chicken and Corn Chowder
This one-pot dish is a hearty meal that's simple to prepare. You can turn up the heat, or keep it toned down.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 rotisserie chicken, breast meat diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter or margarine. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring well to coat the onion. Add chicken broth and milk, stirring well, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Return to a boil and simmer until thick, about 7 minutes.