Zesty Chicken and Rice Casserole
Perfect Comfort Food That Will Satisfy the Whole Family
- 2 cups water
- 3 Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat (about 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves)
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeÃ±os, shredded
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- PREHEAT oven to 350Â° F. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole dish.
- BRING water and bouillon to a boil in medium saucepan. Add rice and butter; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is almost tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
- COMBINE prepared rice, chicken, cheese, evaporated milk, onion, eggs and cilantro in prepared casserole; stir well.
- BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden.