Brian's BBQ Chicken
Similar to Outback's 'Alice Springs Chicken'; Savory grilled chicken breast smothered in bacon, sauteed mushrooms, bbq sauce and topped of w/ Colby Jack cheese.
- 4 Chicken breast (pound w/ 'meat mallet' for tenderness and more efficient grilling.)
- About 6 slices of bacon
- 1 package slice mushrooms
- 1/2 bottle of bbq sauce (I prefer Rib City's 'sweet' )
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- Colby Jack cheese
- Cook bacon and crumble
- Sautee Mushrooms in 1tblsp butter (and a splash or white wine or beer if you prefer.)
- Warm BBQ sauce in small sauce pan on low med/low setting. ( I also threw a splash of beer in the sauce before warming:)
- Salt & pepper then Grill Chicken until done (10 min per side on low grill setting- grill times may vary)
- 'Smother' grilled chicken w/ mushrooms, bacon, and warm bbq sauce.
- Top w/ Colby Jack cheese. let melt, and serve.
- For extra cheese 'meltiness' throw under the broiler in your oven (or toaster oven) for a minute or two.