- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices fresh or packaged mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz)
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Margherita Smooth Pasta Sauce
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce and simmer covered 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Top chicken with cheese, then let stand until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Garnish with basil.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked penne pasta topped with additional Pasta Sauce, heated.