Rosemary Baked Chicken and Asparagus
This no-frills chicken recipe works as an entrée for those who have yet to celebrate their first birthday and those who turned one years—make that decades—ago (yes, dear, that would be you).
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 package fresh asparagus
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place chicken in ovenproof dish.
- Cover with 4 sprigs rosemary, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In separate dish, place asparagus, remaining rosemary and olive oil.
- Bake both chicken and asparagus for 45 minutes until asparagus is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove rosemary and discard.
- Serve warm.
- For baby food: Place 1 chicken breast and 6 asparagus spears in blender with ¼ cup water.
- Purée until smooth.
- The baby food version can be frozen in ice cube trays and thawed out one meal at a time for up to 3 months (talk about cooking in advance!).