- 1⅓ cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and butter, starting on low and increasing to medium speed, until the mixture is crumbly, about 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt and beat on high until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Use this as the filling in Gluten-Free Vanilla Whoopie Pies (make sure to use gluten-free vanilla) or to frost any cake or cupcakes you desire.