Funny name. Yummy meal. Tell the kids it's like an omelet in a pie crust and pretty soon they'll be saying, "Hey, Mom! Quiche me!"
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk.
- Add the milk and the salt, stirring well to mix.
- In the bottom of the pie crust, sprinkle the cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Add any vegetables you have on hand along with the cheese. (Leftover spinach works great!)
- If you have little bits of several different cheeses sitting in your fridge, use them. Any combination of cheese tastes good baked in a quiche.