Put some kick in your kid's applesauce!
- 5 apples
- 5 pears
- 3 bananas
- 2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Peel and core all the fruit.
- Load it all into the slow cooker, top with spices and cover. If you're cooking for a young baby you probably want to leave out the spices!
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- If you want to sweeten things up, you can add up to ½ cup of sugar or a little agave nectar to taste when you add the spices.
- Serve it as a spread on toast or add it as an oatmeal topping. This stuff is good.