Basic Mashed Potatoes
The ultimate comfort food!
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- Bring pot of water to boil.
- Add potatoes and cook about 23 minutes, boiling rapidly.
- Test with a fork and, when tender, remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes in a strainer.
- Mash thoroughly with masher or electric mixer (don't over-mix) until smooth.
- Add butter, milk and salt to taste.
- If the mixture is too stiff, add another ¼ cup of milk.
- Serve immediately.