Tuna Noodle Casserole
Sometimes retro tastes so good.
- 2 (6-oz) cans of water-packed tunafish, drained
- 2 (10.75-oz) cans cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 3½ cups cooked noodles
- 1½ cups cooked peas
- 1 soup can of water (or ½ can water and ½ can milk)
- ½ cup crushed potato chips
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the tuna, soup, noodles, peas and water (or water/milk combination) together in a casserole dish with a top.
- Cover and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly throughout.
- Remove the top, sprinkle the crushed potato chips over the casserole and bake for an additional 5 minutes (without the top).
- Cooked rice can be substituted for the noodles.
- Chopped broccoli or mixed frozen vegetables can be substituted for the peas.
- Lighten this classic casserole by using water-packed tuna, low-sodium or low-fat soup, and skim milk.