Christi Covington's Homemade Spaghetti
Almost as easy as opening a can of sauce.
- ½ pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 14.5 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 / 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil
- Salt, to taste
- 16 oz package of uncooked noodles
- In a skillet, saute turkey, garlic and onion together. Set aside.
- In a large pot or saucepan, pour olive oil, then add tomato sauce, spinach, vinegar, basil and sauteed meat mixture. Then simmer on low for four to six hours. Add water as necessary.
- Cook noodles. Once finished, drain. Pour sauce on noodles.