This recipe will take you straight back to childhood. You know, when you could eat four bowls without thinking about calories... and when you didn't have to share with your kids.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1-2 bananas, sliced
- Mini vanilla wafers
- In a medium saucepan (not over heat) combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Slowly whisk milk into cornstarch mixture until well blended.
- Place saucepan over burner and turn to medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until pudding thickens enough to coat a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and butter.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, line the bottom of 4 bowls with vanilla wafers. Top the wafers with banana slices and then pour the pudding on top, dividing evenly between the 4 bowls.