Biscuit Blueberry Cobbler
Who can resist a home-baked dessert fresh from the oven? (Funny, we don't see many hands raised...)
- 2 (15-oz) packages frozen wild blueberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 (7½-oz) package refrigerated biscuits
- Sugar, optional for topping biscuits before baking
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Coat the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and add the blueberry mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the blueberries from the oven and top with the biscuits. Sprinkle with extra sugar, if using. Bake an additional 15 minutes, until the biscuits are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Since this recipe has 2 steps for baking, be sure to use a timer to remember to add the biscuits.
- Serve the cobbler warm from the oven with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Fresh or frozen regular blueberries work equally as well in this recipe. We just prefer the taste of the small, wild blueberries.