Vegan Chocolate Custard
Every time my vegan brother comes over, he requests this rich, creamy custard. Even my kids gobble it right up and ask for seconds - and have no idea that it's made out of protein-rich tofu.
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips (check the ingredients to make sure there isn't any milk or it won't be vegan)
- 1 container silken tofu
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Fresh strawberries, raspberries or blackberries
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch chunks.
- Put tofu into the blender, blend until smooth.
- Slowly add melted chocolate, blending until incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Top with fresh berries and serve warm or cold.
- This makes a great pie filling for a vegan chocolate pie. Just press into a graham cracker crust (made with vegan margarine).