The Elvis Peanut Butter Sandwich
Sure, it sounds bizarre, but Elvis used to wolf these puppies down till his jumpsuit burst. Who are we to question The King? (OK, maybe we'll forgo the whole deep-frying in lard part.)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tbsp smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- ½ of a ripe banana
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tsp honey
- Cook the bacon until extra crispy. Blot and let cool.
- Preheat a grill pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Spread the peanut butter on the other side of each slice of bread.
- Slice the banana lengthwise to make four thin pieces and place on top of the peanut butter on one slice of bread. Top with bacon slices and then drizzle the honey on top of the bacon. Top with the remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place the sandwich on the grill pan. Cook the sandwich for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy. Remove to a cutting board, slice in half, and serve immediately.