Instant Rice Pudding
Forget the hours your Grandma spent cooking a big batch of this comfort food. Turn out this tasty rice pudding in 13 minutes (and then see if it lasts that long)!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups instant rice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup low fat vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the rice and salt, cover, remove from heat and let stand until the water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover, add the ice cream, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, stirring well to mix.
- Divide the pudding into serving bowls and top with additional cinnamon, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Try adding a handful of raisins, dried cranberries or cherries with the rice to the boiling water in Step 1. Substitute nutmeg for the cinnamon if you prefer.