The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER!
These cookies live up to the hype!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ (12 oz) all-purpose flour *If at all possible, please weigh the flour
- ¾ tsp. smallish-medium coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes on medium-high speed on a K-5). Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated. Finally add chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick. Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium cookie scoop and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are nice and golden brown. Remove from heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Pick up the parchment paper with the cookies still on top and transfer to a cool non-porous surface. Allow the cookies to cool on the paper for at least 3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Note: Please do not use table salt, the sea salt gives the cookies a nice flavor and hints of texture. If you only have table salt, use ½ tsp. *When using sea salt, you will get small crunchy flecks of salt when you bite into the cookie. If you do not like this taste, go with ½ teaspoon of table salt.