Red Velvet Cookie Sandwiches
Cupcake pop sensation Bakerella offers a Valentine's Day treat that is sure to touch the heart of anyone who tries it!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup butter, divided (softened to room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 (1-lb) box of confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, ½ cup butter and 2 eggs until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool.
- For the cream cheese filling: In a mixer, cream the remaining ½ cup butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar and mix until smooth.
- To assemble: Spoon a small amount of frosting on the flat side of one cookie. Take another cookie and press together until frosting is flush with the edge.
- For consistent size cookies, use a 1.5 inch small ice cream scoop when placing batter on the baking sheet. The finished cookie size will be about 3 inches wide.