Apple crisp is a homey dessert that goes together in a snap. Throw in an apple peeler/slicer and the kids will think slicing apples is so fun they'll be begging to help!
- 4 to 6 apples
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 6 tbsp cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Oil an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Place apples in the baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in separate bowl.
- Use a fork or a pastry cutter to cut in the butter, until crumbly.
- Spread oat mixture over apples.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.