Chocolate Pudding Pie
A kid-friendly favorite served as an adult-pleasing pie. If you want to add a bit of flair to the finish, you can sprinkle the top of the finished pie with chocolate cookie crumbs or chocolate shavings.
- 1 (3.4-oz) box instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 (3.4-oz) box instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1⅔ cups low-fat milk
- 1 (8-oz) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (8-oz) container light frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (9-inch) prepared chocolate crumb pie crust
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the vanilla and chocolate pudding mixes, milk and sour cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Stir in half of the whipped topping.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Cover the pudding with plastic wrap to prevent a "skin" from forming on the pudding and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, top the pie with the remaining whipped topping and decorate with strawberries, if using.
- Look for these prepared chocolate crumb pie crusts in the same section of your market as the graham cracker crumb pie crusts.