My kids really like getting these treats in their lunch. I also include a little note to help them get through their day.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 (10.5-oz) pkg mini marshmallows
- 6 cups heart shaped toasted oat cereal (Kashi Heart to Heart)
- 1 (6-oz) pkg dried cranberries
- Line a 13x9x2-inch long baking pan with foil extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- Heat margarine or butter and marshmallows in a 4-5 quart Dutch oven over low heat to melt, stirring frequently. When the marshmallows are melted and smooth pour in cereal and cranberries, mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Press evenly into the prepared pan using slightly wet hands. Let cool. Cut into bars or use a heart shaped cookie cutter. Wrap individually in plastic wrap.