Fourth of July Recipes: No-Bake White Chocolate Pretzels
As far as Fourth of July recipes go, homemade doesn't get much easier than this! In 15 minutes, you can have a delicious sweet-and-salty snack that kids and adults will love, all while giving your oven the day off.
- 1 lb. white chocolate squares, such as Ghirardelli
- 1 medium bag mini pretzel twists
- Red and blue sprinkles or jimmies
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Cut the white chocolate into chunks with a knife, or break it apart with your hands into the top portion of a double boiler.
- Stir the white chocolate as it melts—this happens fast, so watch out!
- Once the white chocolate is melted and smooth, take it off of the heat. Cover the pretzels either by dipping them into the chocolate one by one, or by putting the whole bag in the bowl and stirring gently to coat.
- Spread the pretzels on the baking sheet, and dust them with sprinkles or jimmies.
- Pop the sheet into the fridge for 5 minutes until the chocolate hardens, then remove and put the pretzels into bowls or Ziploc bags.
- If you don't have a double boiler, you can improvise by carefully setting a heatproof glass bowl on top of a medium saucepan.
White chocolate has a low melting point, so don't set these in the sun or you're likely to find yourself with a bowl of goo.
This doesn't have to strictly be a Fourth of July recipe! Choose different colored sprinkles to celebrate other holidays with this easy recipe!