Classic Marshmallow Filling
- 1½ cups Marshmallow Fluff (or other prepared marshmallow cream, which will do in a pinch)
- 1¼ cups vegetable shortening
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the Marshmallow Fluff and the vegetable shortening, starting on low and increasing to medium speed until the mixture is smooth and fluffy, about 3 minute.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, add the confectioners' sugar and the vanilla, and beat until incorporated.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes more.