Dipping Chips With Homemade Hummus
Full of healthy stuff like chickpeas and olive oil, may we suggest an alternate name for this tasty snack: Hummuna, hummuna, hummus!
- 2 7-inch pita bread pockets
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the chips, cut pitas in half crosswise, then cut each half into 8 triangles and place rough side up on a greased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, pepper and garlic salt. Brush each triangle with oil mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about seven minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. Watch carefully, as they can burn easily!
- For the hummus, place chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, salt and tahini in a blender; blend until smooth.