Thaw some frozen garlic bread or meatballs and dunk 'em right into this hearty, healthy marinara dip. It's like pizza fondue!
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14- to 15-oz) cans crushed plum tomatoes, with their juice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and garlic and sauté until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the skillet to the insert of a 1½-to 3-quart slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve from the cooker set on warm.