Egg in Toast (a.k.a., Spit in the Eye)
This kid-friendly breakfast is also known by about a dozen other names (Egg in the Middle, Spit in the Eye, Bird in the Nest), but no matter what you call it your family will call it yummy.
- 2 eggs
- 2 pieces of toast
- Butter to grease the pan
- Toast the bread.
- Select a cookie cutter that fits well within the crusts, and cut the shape out of the middle of the toast.
- Preheat a frying pan to medium heat.
- Grease the pan with the butter.
- Place the toast (the part with the hole in it) in the pan.
- Crack the egg into the hole.
- Cook until white is no longer clear and yolk becomes less translucent.
- Serve sunny side up, or carefully flip toast/egg over to lightly brown the other side, then serve.