Individual Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bowls
This quick, hearty breakfast dish is packed with fiber to get everyone moving in the morning (and, well, to keep everything moving throughout the day!).
- ¼ apple, peeled (if desired), cored and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- ⅔ cup water
- Shake of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup toasted pecans (if desired)
- Combine the apple and oats in an individual, microwavable bowl. Stir in water.
- Microwave for 2 minutes 25 seconds at 80% power.
- Carefully remove from oven. Add cinnamon, salt and honey, then top with nuts (if using).
- Serve immediately.
- Cooking time may vary by microwave. Reducing the power helps stop the oatmeal from spilling over the edges during cooking.