Hot Rice Cereal
Rice cereal will be the first solid food your baby has. So why not sample the fare the adult way: with butter and sugar?
- 3 cups low-fat or fat-free milk
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp butter (optional)
- 1 cup white rice
- cinnamon and sugar
- Bring the milk, water, salt and butter (if using) to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the rice and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover the saucepan and simmer for 2025 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, remove the lid.
- Cook and stir the cereal for an additional 12 minutes until cereal is at desired consistency.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with cinnamon and sugar.
- The milk and water mixture will boil over very easily. Watch the pot closely while bringing to a boil.