No Fry Eggplant Parmesan
Love eggplant parm, but not babysitting the frying pan for fifteen minutes? Bake those scrumptious squash slices instead with this no-fry solution.
- 2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 medium eggplants (about 2 lbs), peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 4 eggs, beaten with 3 tbsp water
- 1 jar (1 lb) Ragú® Robusto!® Pasta Sauce
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs with ½ cup Parmesan cheese in medium bowl. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture. Arrange eggplant slices in single layer on lightly oiled baking sheets.
- Bake 25 minutes or until eggplant is golden.
- Evenly spread 1 cup Pasta Sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer ½ of the baked eggplant slices, then 1 cup sauce and ½ cup Parmesan cheese; repeat.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.