Hummus and Peppers Flatbread Pizza Squares
If the kids have a problem with the "hummus" and "peppers" part, just drop those words and call it "pizza." Now you're speaking their language.
- 8-oz container hummus
- 4-6 soft flatbreads (Lavash-style)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 4 scallions
- 8-12 oz shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or combination)
- Canola or olive oil spray
- Fresh salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Finely chop the peppers and scallions; combine in a small bowl.
- Spray flatbread on one side, place directly on the oven rack and toast for no more than 1 minute.
- Put flatbread on a baking sheet, spread with hummus, then sprinkle with the veggies and cheese.
- Return to oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Cut into quarters, top with salsa (if desired) and serve hot.
- Cut the cooked flatbreads into smaller pieces to serve as a snack or appetizer.