For us, any size cheesecake can be considered "hand-held." For "normal" folks, these mini ones are probably more appropriate.
- 18 vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Lemon curd or fruit preserves for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with decorative paper or foil baking cups. Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup.
- In a medium mixing bowl or in the bowl of a standing mixer, add cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, then increase the speed to high and continue mixing for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups to ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and set. Remove from pans to cool, and refrigerate until serving. Top with lemon curd or preserves, if desired.
- For a yummy variation, try substituting Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies for the Nilla Wafers, and top with raspberry preserves.
- The cheesecakes can be made ahead (without the toppings), wrapped tightly, and frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost them in the fridge the night before, and top them before serving.