Baked Fish and Potatoes
This dish is so easy, you are likely to add it to your go-to list of easy meals. (Right up there with cold cereal and Ramen noodles.)
- 1 (15-ounce) package frozen potato wedges with skin
- ½ (10-ounce) package frozen chopped onion
- 4 (5-ounce) cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the frozen potatoes in a single layer on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with the onion.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the fish fillets.
- Drizzle fish with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and tarragon.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Any mild, flaky white fish will work well in this recipe. The general rule for cooking fish is to cook the fish 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part of the fillet.
- Look for packages of frozen potato wedges in the frozen French fries section of your market, but also check the frozen organics section. There are so many different kinds on the market and we are partial to the ones with olive oil, Parmesan, and garlic.