Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which mommy and Mini need.
- 4 salmon steaks, approximately 1 inch thick
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Vegetable oil or lecithin spray (like Pam)
- Peel fresh ginger with paring knife and finely grate it into a small bowl.
- Add mustard, honey and soy sauce to grated ginger; stir until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Spray nonstick grill pan or heavy skillet with vegetable oil or lecithin spray and preheat on medium-high heat until pan is very hot (fish should sizzle when added).
- Place salmon steaks on hot grill pan, cook for 2½ minutes, turn over and cook for additional 2½ minutes.
- Remove to serving platter and drizzle ginger mixture equally over the steaks.
- Steaks may be served hot, cold or room temperature. Leftovers may be shredded and added to salad. Be sure to run the dishwasher after making this and take out the trash. Nothing smells worse than fish that's been hanging around for a bit.