Crock-Pot Chicken Ratatouille
A hearty French stew, hours of wonderful aromas from the kitchen, enough for a week's worth of leftovers, and all in minimal prep time. How good can it get?
- 1 pound 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 small zucchini, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 Japanese eggplants, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Place beans and cut vegetables in slow cooker.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of vegetables.
- Pour tomato/herb mixture on top of chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve over brown rice for extra fiber and nutrition. Make it vegetarian by omitting chicken and adding an extra can of beans.