Chips, smokey-BBQ-steak AND tons of cheese. It's like you've died and gone to beefy, cheesy, Tex-Mex heaven.
- 3 oz tricolored tortilla chips
- ¼ lb chopped barbecued brisket
- ½ cup jarred queso sauce
- ½ cup cooked or drained canned pinto beans
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup homemade salsa or your favorite restaurant or store-bought salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chips on an ovenproof serving plate, then top with half of the brisket, queso sauce, and pinto beans.
- Repeat with another layer of each, then top with both cheeses and the salsa.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Recipe from Tom's Ribs in San Antonio, TX