Hot Dog Dip
Dip your chips into this doggie delicious stuff.
- ½ lb hot dogs, each cut in 4 pieces
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz sour cream
- ½ cup chopped green onions (green tops included)
- ¼ tsp red pepper sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Cheddar Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- Dippers: tortilla chips and scoops
- Place hot dogs pieces in a food processor bowl fitted with the metal blade. Use a pulsing action to mince hot dogs.
- In the slow cooker, stir together minced hot dogs, tomatoes, sour cream, onions, red pepper sauce and pepper. Cover and cook on the HIGH setting.
- Cook for about 1.5 hours or until the sauce is steaming.
- Slowly add cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly to ensure cheese melts after each addition.
- Reduce heat to LOW. Serve warm with tortilla chips or scoops.