Greek Tilapia Fillets
Serve with some fresh bread for soaking up the Mediterranean-flavored sauce.
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 1 to 1½ lbs)
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp pepper, divided
- 1 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp bottled minced garlic
- ¼ cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 (14-oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (14½ -oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup white wine
- Sprinkle both sides of the tilapia fillets with salt, pepper, and half of the oregano. In a large nonstick skillet with a lid over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook for about 3 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Add fish fillets and top each fillet with the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, wine and remaining oregano.
- Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.