Corn Husker Burger
Chef Kate Joyce (age 6) wants people to know that Nebraska is a "lot more than a big farm." So she's giving people a corn-filled taste of her home state.
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernals
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 pre-shaped hamburger patties
- 4 hamburger buns (any variety)
- 4 slices Monterrey jack cheese
- Make corn salsa. Mix corn, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Place in fridge until burgers are done.
- Make roasted red pepper mayo. Finely chop roasted red pepper. Mix with mayonnaise and add salt and pepper to taste. Place in fridge until burgers are done.
- Put burgers on grill. Grill 5 minutes and then flip. Place Monterrey jack cheese on burgers and cook to desired doneness.
- Spread roasted red pepper mayonnaise onto buns. Add cooked burgers and then pile high with corn salsa.