Grilled Salmon With Cilantro-Lime Butter
It's fancy. It's fast. It's fabulous!
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 2 tsp prepared southwest spice rub
- 6 tbsp (3/4 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill.
- Coat the fillets with the spice rub.
- Place the fillets on the hot grill and cook over low to medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- While the fillets are cooking, thoroughly mix the butter, cilantro, scallions, red pepper flakes, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- When the fish is cooked, remove to a serving platter and spread each fillet with the butter mixture. Cover with foil for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- The fish can also be pan-seared.