Mango Tango Burger
Chef Jaida Harrell (age 9) added a tropical touch to an American classic. The result? A burger that's sweet, savory and even a little healthy!
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 pre-shaped hamburger patties
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns (any type)
- 4 leafs lettuce
- Make mango salsa. Combine mango, tomato, red onion, cilantro and lemon juice in a small bowl. Put in the refrigerator and let sit for about 1 hour (or while you make the burgers).
- Put hamburger patties on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes. Flip and add swiss cheese. Cook to desired doneness.
- Spread mayonnaise onto both sides of bun. Add 1 leaf of lettuce to each bun, then cooked hamburgers and several spoonfuls of mango salsa.