Salmon With Hoisin Orange Glaze
The sweetness of the hoisin and orange play off the tanginess of the vinegar and spices in a rich, dark glaze on this Omega-3-rich fish.
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp bottled minced ginger
- 4 (4-oz) salmon fillets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cooking spray
- Broccoli (optional, for serving)
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, orange marmalade, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger, stirring well to mix. Set aside.
- Coat the grill rack with cooking spray. Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- Pat dry the salmon fillets. Spray the fish generously with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Grill salmon for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until the fish is lightly charred and flakes easily with a fork. Brush with hoisin orange sauce during the last 30 seconds of cooking on each side. Serve with extra hoisin orange sauce on the side
- Coconut rice is a perfect accompaniment to this simple grilled salmon. Steamed broccoli rounds out the meal.