Healthy Snacks: Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free Strawberry Soft Serve
I love ice cream but my tummy doesn't. I've tried the soy, rice and goat varieties of ice cream and they just don't do the trick. Recently, though, I've gotten into raw food and found this delicious sugar-free, dairy-free recipe which is also totally good for you. Did I mention it only takes a few minutes to make?
- 1 frozen banana chopped in chunks
- 1 handful of frozen strawberries (or other frozen fruit)
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons almond, soy or other dairy-free milk to blend (You could even use water.)
- Throw it all in the food processor or blender and blend until it's smooth and creamy. Takes a minute or two. Then enjoy the sensation of totally pigging out without remorse.
- The almond milk makes the ice cream blend together easier but also makes it less frozen, so go easy. If it gets stuck, help it along with a spoon.
Substitute raspberries or your favorite fruit for the strawberries.
Skip the fruit altogether and add a tablespoon or two of raw cacao or cocoa powder, or a spoonful of peanut butter.
For those of you who like it fancy: squeeze it through a pastry bag for that extra special "soft-serve" look.
Really, the possibilities are endless.