Sauteed Mangoes Over Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
Warm mangoes make an everyday frozen treat a sweet, golden taste of summer.
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups sliced mango
- 2 cups frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Stir in the sugar.
- Add the mangoes, stirring well to coat with the butter and sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar has dissolved and the mangoes are heated through, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the mangoes warm over frozen vanilla yogurt.
- Low in calories and packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, fresh Florida mangoes are ripe and plentiful in your market from May through September. But they are kind of a pain to peel and section by hand. Thanks to fruit processors, you can buy them all year round, conveniently peeled, sectioned, and ready to eat, in refrigerated glass jars in the produce department; or find bags of the golden beauties, already peeled and sliced, in the freezer case. Peaches also work great!
- Frozen yogurt already has considerably less fat than ice cream. But if you are still being fat-conscious, low-fat or nonfat frozen yogurt is still great-tasting.