Buttermilk Banana Pancakes
Packed with protein, calcium and fiber, these pancakes are flippin' amazing! Make a big batch and refrigerate for later. (Did someone say midnight snack?)
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup multigrain pancake and waffle mix
- 1 ripe banana (slightly spotted), sliced
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 cup apple butter (no added sugar)
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup blueberries (optional)
- Whisk buttermilk and egg in medium bowl.
- Add pancake mix and stir with fork just until lumps disappear.
- Heat nonstick griddle on medium until water drops "dance."
- Pour ¼ cup batter (per pancake) on griddle; add banana slices and almond slivers to top of each pancake.
- Cook about 1 minute or until bubbles nearly cover surface; turn and cook an additional minute.
- Serve immediately topped with apple butter, fresh blueberries and a dollop of yogurt. Makes 6 pancakes.
- Cook up all the 'cakes, even if you don't eat them; then cover them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for later. They'll save for days!