Delicious Flan Napolitano with cream cheese, vanilla and other great flavors.
- 2 handfuls of sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk (Carnation works well)
- 1 can condensed milk (I use La Lechera)
- 12 oz milk (whole, 2%, fat free or whatever)
- 1 pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese (original or fat free)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 eggs
- You have two choices:
1) If you would like to cook the flan in a glass container, put the sugar in it and spread it around the edges. Then, warm it up in a conventional oven at 425 degrees until the sugar caramelizes. Make sure to remove it from the oven as soon as it caramelizes because it will burn easily (you want it to be brown, not black).
2) If you would like to cook it in a regular pot, pan, or metal container you can put the sugar in the pan and heat it up on the stove until the sugar caramelizes and turns brown.
- Let the sugar cool.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the container with the caramelized sugar and refrigerate until the mixture looks like jello.
- This point is just for looks when the flan is ready twist the container in a tray or large plate and voila.
- If you burn the sugar, the caramel in the flan will taste bitter. Make sure the sugar looks brown or light brown.