Spinach With Lemon and Pepper
Sesame oil and soy sauce take spinach to scrumptious a new level. It's like nirvana for veggies. It's veggi-vana!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 10-ounce package fresh, washed baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce or tamari and crushed red pepper until hot but not smoking, about one minute.
- Add the spinach and cook for three to four minutes, stirring frequently until wilted.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the spinach.
- Cooking a large amount of spinach is easy—just sauté it in batches. As it wilts, it creates room in your pan.