Spinach and Garlic Rice
This easy side dish goes well with almost any meal. The lemon juice added at the end brightens the flavor of the spinach. Feel free to modify the amount of garlic to suit your family's taste.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) bag prewashed spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bottled lemon juice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, salt and lemon juice, stirring well to mix.
- No fresh spinach on hand? No problem. You can substitute with 1 (10-ounce) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed.