This is a perfect "pantry" recipe. For those days you don't want to fuss with ingredients and only want to wash one pot.
- 1 (14½-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower mix
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet with a lid, over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable broth to boiling.
- Stir in the orzo, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes until broth is absorbed.
- Uncover and add the tomatoes, black beans and veggie mix, stirring well to combine.
- Recover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, top individual portions with the cheese, if using.
- Orzo is a small rice-shaped pasta. It cooks more quickly than other shapes.