Barbecue Beans and Rice
This is a hearty, nutrition-packed, full-of-flavor meal!
- 3 cups instant brown rice
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-oz) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (14½-oz) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Prepare 3 cups of instant brown rice according to package directions, cover, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and peppers and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring well to mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve barbecued beans over individual servings of prepared brown rice.