You can have your salad and eat your pizza, too!
- 1 (12-in) whole wheat thin-crust pizza crust
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp bottled, or fresh squeezed, lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 (12-oz) bag pre-washed packaged salad greens
- ½ pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- ½ small purple onion, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup black olives, optional
- Preheat the broiler. On a foil-lined baking sheet, place the pizza crust and broil on the highest oven rack for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, being careful not to burn. Remove from broiler and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredients, tossing well to mix.
- Place tossed salad on prepared pizza crust, slice and serve.